I think there comes a time in every successful person’s life when they ask what the purpose of their goal will do for them and others. I’ve asked myself the same question this weekend. I haven’t felt motivated to eat right, to train more and get up early in the mornings and do extra stuff at the gym or at home. In the game this weekend I didn’t feel as though I gave it my all because the motivation wasn’t there. That’s why i’m asking myself now.. what’s my motivation?
I’m thinking about it, and I know that ultimately, being a professional sports athlete (especially a footballer) would be an hugely rewarding and unforgettable experience that only a few people in the world being in the position would experience. What would it mean for me?
The Difference between being a businessman and a footballer is that in football you achieve goals as a team. In business you are only one person to do something, an entrepreneur to achieve something. In a team, people who have worked extremely hard everyone is fighting for one thing that affects the lives of others in joy and celebration. You are judged by what you have done. If i’m a great footballer than billions will listen because fans relate more. If i’m a great businessman than only millions will listen. Billions will change the world. Millions will not.
This is my Ultimate Footballers Experience:
– Private Planes
– Luxury Hotels
– Finest Facilities in the World
– To be apart and relate to things that only a few people in the world could ever experience as comes with playing in a world class team.
– Thousands of hours of work defined in a moment of amazing and mesmerizing joy that is experienced with the millions of fans around you.
– Prove to myself, that I myself is the only obstacle to achieving my dreams.
– Affecting the lives of tens of millions of people for the better, by helping them achieve a goal that is talked about forever. Whether that is winning the champions league or world cup.
– To be seen as simply a man who had dreams and became successful by achieving those dreams.
– Football is the world’s game. Billions of people watch and support the sport and that is something that cannot be questioned. I, becoming the worlds figure of success and changing the world into a success oriented place communicating through the medium of football. Where people will be happier and more successful themselves.
These quotes are by champions and remind to keep on track of my goal:
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever – Lance Armstrong
Every single day I wake up and commit to myself to becoming a better player. Mia Hamm
Pele called me the greatest footballer in the world. That is the ultimate salute to my life. Pele.
The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
Pain is weakness leaving your body. USMC.
If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a board and knock me down, because that means I didn’t run hard enough.
What is your motivation?
Leave a Reply