[box]This Workout is designed to be completed by two people. It will focus on taking your dribbling and finishing skills to the next level. This workout should take between 45 minutes to an hour to complete.
You will need the following:
- 1x ball (the more balls the better)
- A marked field (preferably)
- Maximum of 6 poles (if you don’t have poles, use cones)
- Maximum of 6 cones
- 2x players hard work
Dynamic stretching (video here): High Knees, Heels Up, Open/Close Knees, Kicks, Sidesteps, Lunges
Exercise 1: Fast Corners
Intended ResultsThis exercise will work on your agility, quick feet and ball control. Improved passing. Scanning and practicing where to go BEFORE you receive a pass. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Both players go around each pole twice. Do 6-8 reps. Rest 30 seconds between reps.
Exercise 2: The Pass & Shoot
Intended ResultsWill improve passers one-touch ability, and finishers ability to hit an accurate shot with 1-2 touches. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Switch player finishing and passing every 10x reps. Do two reps of each role.
Exercise 3: The Serve & Shot
Intended ResultsThis exercise aims to improve control and shooting under pressure. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Switch serving and shooting roles every 10x reps. Each player completes serving twice and shooting twice.
- Instead of a goalkeeper, place two cones, one metre inside of each goalpost.
- Tip: Make sure the ball to the finisher goes in at a fast enough pace so it’s difficult to control and release your shot within 2 seconds.
- Tip #2: You can also reduce the size of shooting zone, testing the attacker’s ability to kill the ball dead in a tight space.
Exercise 4: The Slalom Finish
Intended ResultsWill improve getting the ball out of your feet. Great for accelerating and finishing. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Do 6x reps and switch with other player. Repeat each role 2-3x