[box]This Workout is designed to take your dribbling and finishing skills to the next level. You can do all of these exercises by yourself. This workout should take between 45 minutes to an hour to complete.
What you will need to complete these workouts:
- 1x ball
- A marked field (preferably)
- Maximum 15x cones
- Your hard work
Dynamic stretching (video here): High Knees, Heels Up, Open/Close Knees, Kicks, Sidesteps, Lunges
Exercise 1: The Change Up
Intended ResultsA footballer changes speed 1300 times a game on average. This will Improve your dribbling and control at those important low to high speeds. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Do 8-10 reps. Rest between 30 seconds between reps.
- If you don’t have access to a marked pitch, change speed every 20 seconds.
Exercise 2: Step It Up
Intended ResultsDesigned to improve your 1-on-1 skill moves while on the move, integrating dribbling skills with running and your composure to finish on goal.Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Start at one goal, dribble 10m at moderate speed, attack first cone with stepover and switch up to high speed, drop back moderate speed, attack second cone and switch up to high speed, go back to moderate speed and finish in goal.
- After your shot, repeat immediately going the other way.
- Do 8-10 reps. Rest 30 seconds between reps.
Exercise 3: Rooney’s Drill
Intended ResultsImproved high-speed dribbling, turning, acceleration during short-distances and finishing from distance.Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Do 8 reps. Rest 20 seconds between reps.
Exercise 4: The Ronaldo Speed Test
Intended ResultsWill test your speed with and without ball, maximum-speed dribbling around tight angles and composure to finish.Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Do 10 Rounds at your maximum speed. Rest 30 – 60 seconds between reps.
- Tip: Time yourself to record how fast you do it.