[box]This Workout was designed so you could complete all these exercises with a wall if needed. You will improve your passing and control skills. This workout should take between 45 minutes to an hour to complete. In the descriptions, I will explain how you can use a wall in each of these exercises for convenience, although you don’t necessarily have to use one.
You will need the following:
- 1x ball
- Flat open space with an unobstructed wall
- Maximum of 8 cones
- One player willing to work hard
Dynamic stretching (video here): High Knees, Heels Up, Open/Close Knees, Kicks, Sidesteps, Lunges
Exercise 1: Full Body Juggling
Intended ResultsBetter touch and control so you’ll be more confident to receive the ball with all areas of your body. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Juggle for 8-10 minutes.
- See how many revolutions you can do in a row!
Exercise 2: Rebound
Intended ResultsWill improve your passing, turning on the move and dribbling at various speeds. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- Complete 6-8 reps. Rest 30 seconds. Repeat 3 sets.
Exercise 3: The Air Control
Intended ResultsThis will improve you bringing down the ball from the air, first touch control and finishing.
- 10x reps, medium jog while retrieving the ball. 2-3 sets.
- Optional: Replace goal with a wall.
Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
Exercise 4: Wall Range
Intended ResultsThis will improve your passing, shooting and first touch with both feet. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- 10x shots with right foot, 10 shots with left foot. Alternate between 10 and 15 meters distance.
- 80 total reps, 30 seconds rest every 20x reps.
Exercise 5: Long Ball
Intended ResultsWill improve your teamwork, directional control, 1-on-1’s and creating space. Set-Up (click to enlarge)[hr]
- 10x reps. 30 seconds rest inbetween sets. 2-3 sets.
- Optional: Instead of using a goal, use a large wall.