These new training plans
are having a really positive effect in the way I approach personal training now. Focusing on reaching your targets is so much better on the mind. Instead of thinking “How many more minutes until I finish?”, I think “How many more until I reach my target?” So now I have more energy, I’m seeing faster improvement and more importantly less stress and better peace of mind. Already seeing better results in Training A for example with my first touch and receiving with back to goal.
I was talking with an agent last week about a possible trial with Bury in England, but that agent that was being scammed by another agent he was collaborating with so that was a dead-end. Now that the internet is playing an further role in football, the amount of cheats, scams, fake trials, etc in football right now is ridiculous. That’s why you have to be extremely careful in making a decision and assessing opportunities that come along. It’s a waiting game right now.
These were my workouts this week:
Monday – Foundation Based Workout & Training A (27)
Tuesday – Beach Training
- Football Tennis
- 1-on-1’s soft sand
- 1-on-1’s hard sand
Wednesday – Bodyweight/Explosive Workout + 3/4 of training C (got kicked off court, 0.7)
Thursday – Training A (39)
Friday – Rest
Saturday – Training A (41)
Sunday – Rest
Goal Journal Updates
Long term goals
Play professionally by October 2013
Short term goals
1. improve my confidence on:
- Receiving with back to ball
& become a more valuable player by..
- Looking for more ways I can get on the ball
– Getting better at 1-on-1’s, and find that I have a key advantage as I can shoot with both feet well and so the defender doesn’t know which direction I’ll go. Also learning not to stop or slow down as I’m approaching the defender.
– Getting on the ball more by positioning oneself on edge of box for 1 touch, shot.
– Making inside runs, you can get on the ball so much more as I found in training this week.
– Coach pointed out to me whilst playing, don’t be static, move & move. I think he was right and just maybe the answer to getting on the ball more.
– Receive ball on touchline, rather than in the middle.
2. make a real habit of scanning alot
General comment: Improving, and I really want to shine more out of tight positions.
3. Ongoing – Find out what makes great players, great. What separates the “great” from the “good”.
Didn’t find anything this week.
4. Defend better
b. knowing who should be marking who.figuring this one out…
As a right winger I don’t think I really have problems defending. Communication also improving.
– watch for preferred foot of the player
5. Build LinkedIn network
Doing this actively.
accomplished: be stronger off the ball, quicker plays, don’t let attackers run inside, play long ball forward instead of risky passback, be more explosive, plan better
Plan & Checklist – 15 hour based schedule this week. It wasn’t 15 hours but I did have good trainings. Going to Switzerland next week.
Leave a Reply